Charitable Donation Policy
Minimum Requirements for Applicants:
- Have tax-exempt status under applicable IRS Codes – 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4)
- Be physically located in the city, town or region where Colonial Downs Group has a business interest
- Complete and submit a Donation Request Form to Rosie’s no later than 45 days prior to the start of the quarter in which the donation is needed.
The following applicant categories are excluded from receiving donations/ support from Rosie’s:
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) entities.
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation or military service.
- Administrative expenses or programs with administrative expenses in excess of 15%.
- Capital or construction project funding.
- Purchase of uniforms or trips for school-related organizations and booster clubs, youth athletics or amateur sports teams.
- Activities whose sole purpose is promotion or support of a specific religion, denomination or religious institution.
- Fraternal, alumni, trade, professional or social organizations.
- Grants to individuals or loans of any type, individual medical fundraisers, political or partisan organizations/ candidates and study or travel grants (scholarships, stipends, writing allowances).
- To sponsor fundraisers for individuals.
- To market gaming to minors.